Generous donation from Folklore Tapes
MWM was delighted to receive a bumper donation for the Library and Archive recently. The extremely talented chaps at Folklore Tapes (http://www.folkloretapes.co.uk/folklore-tapes) have donated their entire series of South West folklore research to us, including:
Devon Folklore Tapes
- DFTI, ‘Two Witches’. Ian Humberstone / David Chatton Barker. Vinyl reissue, 2014.
- DFTII, ‘Graves’. Anworth Kirk / David Orphan & The White Funz. Vinyl reissue, 2015.
- DFTIII, ‘Inland Water’. Sam Mcloughlin / David A Jaycock. Vinyl reissue, 2015.
- DFTIV, ‘Rituals And Practices’.
- DFTVI, ‘Theo Brown And The Folklore of Dartmoor’. Ian Humberstone and David Chatton Barker. Vinyl, 2014.
THEO BROWN AND THE FOLKLORE OF DARTMOOR (BOX SET EDITION)
- limited edition box-set containing seven seven-inch records,
- twenty-four page booklet,
- seven postcard prints, one pressed wild-flower picked from Dartmoor
They have also sent the incredibly lovely:
MEGALITHIC MONUMENTS VOLUME I – STANTON DREW STONE CIRCLE
- Ten Inch Gatefold vinyl
- 16page Colour Research Booklet
Black Dog Traditions of England
- A delightful box set including a 12” LP, DVD, fabulous booklet of Black Dog Research and other wonders
FOLKLORE TAPES CALENDAR CUSTOMS Series:
- IV – CROWN OF LIGHT
- III MID-WINTER RITES & REVELRIES
- I – ‘Fore Hallowe’en’
These donations include out of print and hard to find works so were are especially grateful to FT for their generosity. The items will be available for the public to listen to in the Library (Peter will make his tape player and portable record player available!)
A reminder to our readers that Folklore Tapes are in the process of creating a release based upon a residency completed at the Museum in May. The first of many outcomes of this will be a fabulous MWM edition of ‘The Dreamers Oracle’, a zine that you can buy from them direct. More details to follow…