The MWM Equinox Colloquium
The MWM Equinox Colloquium – the first edition of a late summer, early autumn convention in Boscastle, at the Wellington Hotel. Presented by the Museum, Friends of the Museum, and The University of Wolverhampton.
What is The Equinox Colloquium? A Curation of Talks, Walks, Plays and Books. A celebration of outputs of research inspired by the Museum’s Collections, Library and Archives – all the things which we love here at MWM.
This year we are fortunate to be featuring a pre-launch talk by the author of an important new text on the occult history of the UK; CURSED BRITAIN, published by Yale University Press, as well as presentations on the theme of ACCUSATION & PERSECUTION – the theme of this year’s convention which runs Saturday 21st to Sunday 22nd.
We have offerings from STEVE PATTERSON (Spells from The Wise Woman’s Cottage) who will be leading on Sunday a specially imagined story-walk into the woods where Joan Wytte rests. We are pleased to present on Friday and Saturday evenings two plays new to Boscastle – THE PENDLE WITCH & THE WITCH IN THE WOODS, and revealing our reading list for A Banned Book at Bedtime as part of our 2019 BANNED BOOKS WEEK activity. A full programme of talks (subject to change) will be published shortly.
- Friday 21st September, and Saturday 22nd September: Plays presented by Slade Wolfe at the Wellington Hotel. £10.00 per performance. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- September 21st – September 22nd Talks and presentations at the Wellington Hotel: £25.00 weekend ticket. Includes free entry to Museum for Friends of the MWM. Concessionary entry to Museum for non-members.
- September 22nd – A walk into the Woods with Steve Patterson: £5.00 Reserve a place by emailing email@example.com
- September 22nd – Book signings in the MWM Library; meet the authors.
- September 22nd – Banned Books Week: A Banned Book at Bedtime – a reading list of rare and banned occult texts. Not listen with mother!
More details follow in the coming week. Register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org. Friends of The Museum enjoy priority booking.