Glitter and Gravedust
Halloween past and present.
Open every day until October 31st. Additionally, the Museum will be holding a day of talks on October 15th at the Wellington Hotel.
To coincide with and augment this out ‘Glitter and Gravedust’ exhibition, the Museum will be holding a day of talks on October 15th at the Wellington Hotel.
Key note speaker: Ronald Hutton “The History of Halloween”
With papers by:
- Mogg Morgan “Sky Religion in Ancient Egypt: Halloween?”
- Dorothy L. Abrams “Ancestor Ritual at Samhain”
- Bekki Shining Bearheart “Witches, Shamans and Ancestors, OH MY!”
- Tommy Kuusela “How to learn magic by going on a year walk”
- Louise Fenton “Trick and Tourist Treat: Halloween in New Orleans”
- Judith Noble “Beyond Halloween”
- + Evening drinks, nibbles and entertainment from 8pm
Price includes admission to conference, evening social event and entertainment, as well as entry to the Museum on Saturday or Sunday.
Places are limited and pre-payment is essential to book your place. Contact the Museum to book a place: email@example.com
All Hallow’s Eve at the Museum
On Saturday October 29th, the Museum will be holding its third annual All Hallow’s Eve Dark Gathering which includes dark morris dancing, a lantern procession, a visit by various osses who perform a traditional pwnco ceremony at the Museum door, fire dances and a candlelit evening at the Museum. This year promises to be bigger and better than ever, have a look at last year’s event: