Museum Number: 2184
Object Name: Curse
Physical Description: Comical figure of Hitler, bending over, with a pin cushion for his rear.
- How would a Christian person using this object during World War II justify or understand this ‘cursing object’? Would it simply be ‘a bit of fun’ or would there be any other belief in the effect of using this object?
- Can you think of similar examples where an image of a religious or political leader is destroyed or damaged?
- How do you feel about this object?
- What would you say to the person who made it?
- Would you be prepared to damage a picture of a friend? if not, why not?
- Do you think your feelings about such an action are something you have learnt or would they be similar to all people?
- Have you ever “ill wished” someone, or did someone ever “ill wish” you? (for example, wishing that someone would fail in a competition). Why? Do you believe it influenced the outcome in any way?